Rechercher dans ce blog

Friday, April 7, 2023

Today’s Wordle Review: April 6, 2023 - The New York Times

Our columnist reviews the day’s puzzle. Warning: contains spoilers!

Welcome to The Wordle Review. Be warned: This article contains spoilers for today’s puzzle. Solve Wordle first, or scroll at your own risk.

This month’s featured artist is Simone Noronha. You can read more about her here.


★★★★★

Wordle 656 3/6

⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜ HEART
⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩 MEALY
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 LEAFY

I almost always start with the word HEART. It’s got good vowels, the R and the T are helpful in solving, and the H lets you know if you might have a consonant pair, like PH, CH or SH. Plus, it’s romantic and underscores our very humanity: Amo, ergo sum!

Right away, the EA lit up green — a great sign. My actual, anatomical heart may have even fluttered. If more than one letter is green in the first round, I feel I have a better chance of solving the puzzle in three tries, and as we all know, three is the magic number. I aim for three!

Knocking out the R and the T, which are common letters, meant I needed to mull. Usually I would choose an S in the next round, but SEA doesn’t lead to much. SEALS? SEAMS? While I was thinking about SEAMS, the letter M got lodged in my brain, so I decided to try MEALY. Not sure if that was a logical choice or a shot in the dark, but I guessed it anyway. The L turned yellow, and the Y lit up green, and my breath caught — real progress. So close.

Knowing that the L was the first letter, I had LEAFY and LEAKY in mind. I really wanted to guess LEAFY. It’s a pretty, positive, evocative word, green trees shimmering in the sunshine. LEAKY has a rusty drip-drip of sadness about it. The K makes a harsh sound in your throat; LEAFY is a whisper in a spring breeze. I went with LEAFY — and solved. WORDLE IN THREE! Give me my commemorative jacket, please. (Yes, I sometimes make mock-ups of varsity jackets to award myself if I get Wordle in 3.)

Dodai Stewart

Today’s word is LEAFY. According to Webster’s New World College Dictionary, it’s an adjective meaning, “Having broad leaves or consisting mainly of such leaves.”


This word is moderately challenging because of uncertainty, but a strategy can help.

The word contains a common letter pattern with five or six possible answers. Getting the answer in six guesses requires strategic choices at every guess.


Simone Noronha is New York-based South Asian illustrator and art director hailing from Dubai. She enjoys weaving narratives and intricate details into her imagery with saturated palettes and the moody lighting that has become her signature. In an interview with Wired, she said, “I like to think of illustrative style as just our natural flaws shining through and doing the best with it.”


If you solved for a word different from what was featured today, please refresh your page.

Join the conversation on social media! Use the hashtag #wordlereview to chat with other solvers.

Leave any thoughts you have in the comments! Please follow community guidelines:

  • Be kind. Comments are moderated for civility.

  • Having a technical issue? Please use the help button in the settings menu of the Games app, or email nytgames@nytimes.com.

  • These rules will be enforced.

Adblock test (Why?)


Today’s Wordle Review: April 6, 2023 - The New York Times
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google's encryption-breaking Magic Compose AI proves iPhone shouldn't support RCS messaging - BGR

For years, Google has been dying to come up with an iMessage equivalent, a key iPhone feature that’s probably responsible for stealing plent...